Monday, April 12, 2010

Rain or Shine


I'm feeling especially chipper on this dreary Monday morning. Maybe it's because of this sweet little excerpt from Jim Denison's God Issues email I received today:

A priest met a beggar. "God give you a good day, my friend," he said. The beggar answered, "I thank God I have never had a bad one." The priest said, "God give you a happy life, my friend." "I thank God," said the beggar, "I am never unhappy." The amazed priest asked, "What do you mean?" "Well," said the beggar, "When it is good weather, I thank God, when it rains, I thank God, when I have food, I thank God, when I'm hungry, I thank God. Since God's will is my will, and whatever pleases him pleases me, I am happy always."

The priest looked at the beggar in astonishment. "Who are you?" he asked. "I am a king," said the beggar, "Where is your kingdom?" The beggar answered quietly, "In my heart."

Whether it's rain or shine for you this morning, thank God and be pleased that his will is done.

xoxo

No comments: