Friday, April 16, 2010

I Love You


Two flights, one hotel, six meetings, three trips to Whole Foods, one raw food restaurant and an upset tummy later, I'm finally home... right where I belong :). There's a big part of me that loves work travel... people watching in airports, exploring new cities, feeling independent. But when the chatty security guard decides to search my suitcase and take a sample of whatever might be on the palm of my hand at 5am, the trip is simply exhausting before it has even begun!

So, what does a girl do when she's exhausted, wet from the torrential rain, and has an upset tummy? She throws a fit, that's what! Despite my husband's incredibly sweet gestures when I got home yesterday evening (think red wine, dark chocolate and a love note), I pouted about my week, may or may not have kicked my legs in frustration a few times and ultimately whined (not wined, as he would have preferred ;)) myself to sleep.

That, my friends, is what a lack of appreciation looks like. Despite all the good things going on in my life last night, I was so focused on all the aggravating things that had gone wrong - what a waste, right?

Anyway, John, if you're reading this, I LOVE YOU and truly appreciate all you do for me! The best part about work trips is that I always get to come back home to you.
                           
                                  

For each new morning with its light,
For rest and shelter of the night,
For health and food, for love and friends,
For everything Thy goodness sends.
-Ralph Waldo Emerson

xoxo

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What an amazing husband! You guys are blessed! : )

xo

Jocelyn