Wednesday, March 10, 2010

When Things Don't Go As Planned

My trip to Miami was canceled right after I posted yesterday, so I'm stuck here in Lubbock for a few more days with these kids:

Bless my little heart... life is just so unfair ;).

It's so easy to get excited about the things to come - we make detailed plans, strategically pack our bags, and attempt to foresee all the fun experiences and challenges we'll have along the way. I was supposed to be landing in Miami right now, and instead I'm sitting at my dining room table, blogging. Life is SO unpredictable, but that's the beauty of it, right?

Instead of gearing up for my trip last night, I got to spend an amazing evening of worship with my Bible study group and Beth Moore (if you haven't done a Beth Moore Bible study, jump into one as soon as you can!!) as we pondered and discussed the book of Esther. Last night we talked - but mostly listened - about the human delimma of destiny. Sometimes we think we should be in one place, but find ourselves in another - often less desirable - place than we anticipated. Yes, life is unpredictable and we shouldn't pretend we can navigate it on our own. Live a transparent life and let God guide your journey. You will not be disappointed.

xoxo

No comments: