Sunday, March 7, 2010

Life's Better Upside Down

I discovered at yoga today that sometimes the world just looks better upside down. :) After months of watching my classmates effortlessly stand on their heads, I finally let the fear of toppling over on my neighbor go and did it. This was actually on my list of things to accomplish in 2010, so you can imagine how thrilled I am at the opportunity to check one more thing off my list.


(Source: fitsugar.com)

Despite all the blood flowing to my head and my quivering abs struggling to keep me balanced, being upside down was actually relaxing! Yeah, it completely took my mind off of anything else going on the world and forced me to focus solely on staying balanced.

We struggle with that a lot, don't we, finding balance and focus in this crazy world? I sure do, and knowing that I can flip upside down and escape it all (until I topple over, that is) for just a few moments is a bit of a relief! :)

Lesson of the day (and hopefully the continous lesson of this blog), let others inspire you, but don't remain a spectator. Get out there and try new things - especially those things that scare you - because while you might not achieve everything with flying colors, I can guarantee you that you'll learn something about yourself in the process.

"Twenty years from now you'll be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the things you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." -Mark Twain

No comments: