Monday, May 10, 2010

Words From The Wise

Oh my goodness guys, I have turned into an old woman overnight...

Maybe it's the turning 26 thing, maybe it's the marriage thing, maybe it's the living in West Texas thing... whatever it is, I have suddenly started relating to the grandmothers of this world better than I'm relating to recent college grads...

Take a peek into my life and let me know if you agree...

- I joined a cooking group - don't get me wrong, these girls are fabulous, I adore cooking and the concept is genius, but we all know the average 26 year-old in this country isn't strapping on pearls and an apron at the end of a workday...

- I do a little dance when my Southern Living magazine shows up each month

- I'm playing bunko tonight....yes, bunko. Again, these girls are just as beautiful and fun as the ones in my cooking group and I know I'll have a fabulous time, but in my mind, bunko = grandmothers. Anyone?

- "Getting crazy" consists of several glasses of wine with my best friend and passing out before the clock strikes 11

- I'm waking up earlier than usual. I know the highly successful people of this world aren't sleeping until 10am every morning, but rising before the sun does means I'm taking advantage of all the hours in my day, which is something that old people do, no?

- One of my best friends is teaching me to sew.... this might be the ultimate reason I'm feeling more at home with the Baby Boomers

Let me preface the below images by telling you that I am seriously one happy lady. Maybe I play bunko, cook with other people and covet my friend's sewing machine, but let me be honest, I am still immature, terrified of parenting someday, enjoy Jay-Z and watch ABC Family from time to time. I'm still young at heart and haven't quite (*QUITE) lost my zest.

But sometimes, you just feel like this...







I know you won't judge me... :)

xoxo

No comments: