Monday, May 24, 2010

His Will Be Done

As I was driving home from yoga on Saturday morning, I came across a horrible car accident on a street that has a speed limit of 40mph. It was tragic, and of course I'll spare you the details, but it really got me thinking. Yes, of course, there were the instant reminders to drive slowly and carefully, but more than anything, it was a reminder to enjoy every moment of the day ahead with my family. My heart was aching for the people in that car, for family members who received a call about the accident and for anyone else who actually witnessed the incident. My eyes unexpectedly welled up with tears in church the next day and I knew it was the weight of that accident finally lifting from my heart.

I don't mean to be such a downer, especially on a Monday, so let me turn this into a positive. The entire rest of my weekend was spent just living in the moment with my family. We enjoyed a local festival, talked about life, took pictures together and basked in the summer heat. I had a heightened sense of all the blessings in my life that day because of that accident. Of course, I wished at the moment that I had never seen it or that it hadn't happened all together, for that matter, but it's just another case in point that God uses even the terrible things in this world for good.

Lesson of the day - live enthusiastically, pray loudly, speak wisely and drive carefully... please!

xoxo

No comments: