Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Where Am I?

Hello from Dallas, TX! :)

John and I are in the Big D for a two month stint while he's clerking at a law firm this summer. My sister-in-law and her husband have graciously allowed us to move in for the time being... we are blessed, what can I say!

I may have shed a little tear as we loaded up and left our cozy home behind in West Texas, but all those "I hope our things stay safe" and "We won't sleep in our bed for two months" comments quickly turned into "I get to shop at Northpark Mall next week!" and "John, I signed up for classes at a yoga studio in Dallas!" and "Have you heard of Javier's?? We have to go there!"

Now listen, guys, I grew up in a small town where we had two acceptable clothing stores, four sit down restaurants and a huge Wal-Mart that dominated the town. I'm a small town girl at heart, so you better believe I still get excited about big shopping malls, fancy restaurants and gyms galore. Yes, I've lived in Dallas before, but being back sparks all that excitement that I had when we moved here the first time around.

The summer that I studied abroad in Paris was magical in so many ways, but I also spent a lot of time missing home and wishing I was back in Texas where the sun was hot and Tex-Mex food was readily accessible. I know it sounds ludicrous, but no matter how much wiser we grow, we always miss the comforts of home when we aren't there... even if we are in a place as wonderful as Paris.

My goal this summer is to soak up every ounce of this time spent with our friends and family here in Dallas and get re-aquainted with the city, hopefully discovering it in ways I never have before.

No matter where you are today, take some time to just appreciate your surroundings. You are blessed!

xoxo

No comments: