Thursday, April 14, 2011

Thank you sun for shining through my window this morning.

Thank you crockpot for cooking dinner.

Thank you treadmill for putting me in my place.

Thank you red wine for easing the pain from said treadmill.

Well, guys, I'm back! I'm not sure about you, but my new year took off with full force and I've been hustling around since I ate my last Christmas cookie. I've traveled to Austin (x5), Dallas (x2), Georgia and Boston since January 1 and am on my way to Boston again this weekend to watch my incredibly fit mom run the Boston Marathon!

On that note, I ran my first half marathon in Dallas a few weeks ago and finished it in 2:04! Seriously, I never would have run it that fast if my mom (read: coach, jacket holder, Gu opener) hadn't run every step of the way with me! Anyway, I'll write a separate post on that and maybe, MAYBE post some pictures from the race!

In the midst of it all, I've still been trying to crank some yummy things out in the kitchen. I'm having a hard time finding a good balance between delicious meals that John will like and healthy meals that my hips will appreciate. I'm toying with vegan cooking (hello nutrional yeast!) and trying to drink as many green monsters as I can. What's a green monster you ask? I'll write a separate post on at as well, but I'll tell you now that it's not for the faint of heart! ;)

I'll be back soon - this is my promise to you! :)

xoxo

No comments: