Sunday, September 5, 2010

Sugar Fix

I got my first real sugar hankering last night since I gave up the poison on Thursday. I reached for the Blue Bell... put it back. Stared at the fridge wondering what might fix this...realized I was craving something creamy and warm...something with banana. So, instead of baking banana muffins or banana cream pie, I made the best banana oatmeal I've ever had, with lots of healthy kicks!

It went a little something like this:

1/2 cup old fashioned oats
1 cup water
1 banana
1 tbsp. ground flax seed
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. vanilla
1tbsp. honey
1 tbsp. almond butter
1 tbsp. unsweetened dried cherries
1 cup rice milk (or your milk of choice)

Make the oatmeal as directed on the package, slicing in the banana into the pot while the oatmeal cooks on the stove. The bananas will puff up, giving your oatmeal a creamier texture. Once the oatmeal is done, add in all other ingredients and stir. Top it with milk, and you have yourself a complete meal... and a sweet tooth fix!

Enjoy!

xoxo

No comments: