Monday, June 28, 2010

Snooze

I woke up at 5:45 this morning with great intentions. You see, I ran four miles straight last night.... no walking... no cursing... no water chugging. I just ran and ran and it felt amazing! Now, I have friends (and a husband) who can hop up on the laziest of Sundays and run six miles without even breaking a sweat, but I'm more of a three mile kind of girl. When the treadmill reads 3.0, I stop - that's it. What I realized last night, though, is that your body can go SO much further, if your mind will just allow it to. All of a sudden 3 miles turns into 3.5 and 3.5 into 4... you get my drift.

However, this morning my mind was so involved in the crazy dream I was having that I automatically hit snooze time and time again until all of a sudden my 5:45 wake-up call to hit the gym was 7:30. I have a very, very kind husband who lets me get away with this behavior. Needless to say, I had to be a responsible adult, skip the gym and haul my tail to work.

And now, it's five in the afternoon and I'm tired, I'm hungry, and I just want to find a couch. Yes, I'll be back on the treadmill bright and early tomorrow morning (you can hold me accountable!), but for tonight, I just want to listen to classical music on the rainy drive home, change into my lazy gear and eat some carbs....

Ok?

No comments: